Friday, August 15, 2008

My chest hurts. It feels like a whole bunch of animals are going to jump out of it and run around, only to come back in when they are bored. Which reminded me a diddle I wrote once.

there’s a tiger in my mouth
He hides inside my bedroom,
Until I go to sleep.
But when I breathe in through my mouth,
That tiger takes a leap.
He stays in there for a day,
He grips onto my tongue,
He growls at all the passers by
It isn’t very fun!
The passers by, they yell at me
And beat me black and blue.
When he hops out, he thinks were friends.
He doesn’t have a clue.
As mad as I am at my tiger –
I still love him so.
Because he is my bestest friend,
I’ll never let him go.

1 comment:

erin.germaine said...

yes i'd say that tiger is quite hungry. perhaps he just needs a snack and wants to steal your food as you eat it.